The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Host SDM and Port Setter

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests View previous topic
View next topic
Host SDM and Port Setter
SnyperBob

Post Host SDM and Port Setter Reply with quote
Hi Vaughn,

I was just wondering if it's possible (maybe not due to licensing or something) to host the Smarthome Device Manager software here on the vcrib site, for download.

I pointed out that I also needed to use that Set Port program to get my serial Insteon PLC to be recognized by vCrib. I was wondering if you could host that as well. I found both software downloads here:

http://fredricksensoftware.us/Insteon/

It's usually smart to host it here if possible, in case that guy's site dies or whatever... If you can't due to licensing or something, maybe we can just have a link pointing to his downloads
Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:16 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I used to have the SDM in the main install package. I don't think there is a license issue. Plus I am just a broke fool and don't make any money so it is not like they would get damages out of me =D It only promotes their technology. I can at least link to that and other support files on the site.

Vaughn

Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:58 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SnyperBob

Post Reply with quote
Can you host them on the site, and re-add them back into the install package when you release the new complete version? (0.0.6.0?)

Thanks!
Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
SnyperBob

Post Reply with quote
Hey Vaughn,

I was wondering if you could think about this. ie...hosting this app. If I remember back correctly, I really needed that set port application to get my Insteon PLC up and running. This was because my PLC is serial (not USB).

If you coded into the newer version of vCrib some sort of detection for the PLC COM port, then disregard...but I just want to bring this back to your attention. Thanks

Clever image to be inserted here soon.... Smile
Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:47 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: