The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NEEDS DEVELOPER: 1 wire support

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests View previous topic
View next topic
NEEDS DEVELOPER: 1 wire support
SnyperBob

Post NEEDS DEVELOPER: 1 wire support Reply with quote
Hey Vaughn,

I've been kicking around the idea of running cat5e for 1 wire devices. I thought about how you and Humazee have your vCrib display on your TVs. Since vCrib has the maps, how cool would it be to display temperatures around/in the house right on the maps?

I'm not sure how easy it would be to add 1 wire support, but it seems like there's a ton of small apps around that others have made. If I get some time I'll try to look and see if they have an SDK or something along those lines
Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:30 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I use Phidgets for Temp, but I would love 1-wire support. vCrib has a Temperature display box for the maps already, we just need a 1-Wire interface.

I am thinking that xAP/xPL should be a high priority as once it is interfaced, vCrib will automatically support many more devices.

Any research you can do on 1-Wire would be awesome. I will gladly buy ANY hardware that has an SDK/API or source code I can start with.

I would also like to finish ZWave support and they have Temperature sensors too...

Vaughn

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SnyperBob

Post Reply with quote
Hmmm, I just noticed that you already had 1 wire listed in the compiled feature requests sticky. Sorry about that. I didn't think about Phidgets being able to do temp sensors. I was just looking over their sensor site/page....there's tons of sensors for the Phidgets. Maybe I'll just go with something like that

I don't need a ton of temp sensors, maybe like 5 or so.

Thanks
Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
hobbes487

Post Reply with quote
I was looking at some of the cool possibilities with 1-wire and found this: http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/ibutton/software/windowsdk/index.cfm

This would be great to have added to vCrib.

Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:38 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: