The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Questions

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion View previous topic
View next topic
Questions
AlexSG

Post Questions Reply with quote
Hello,

This is a great product you have created. I have just begun to get my feet wet. Off and on over the last year I have been looking into Misterhouse, and every time realize I donít have the time to invest in learning to script. I recently looked into it again and came across a review on vCrib. I have downloaded and installed both versions you have available. Misterhouse has lost my interest completely now.

I have been interested in HA for quite some time and now have the tools to begin working with it at a level of comfort I can accept. Thanks!

Since I do not have the hardware currently to setup any of the external functions of vCrib I started playing with the TTL commands. I was able to play an mp3 file by voice command. This was pretty sweet Shocked . My main interest until I can purchase the controller and hardware needed are the vWinamp and play list features. When I could not make it work I looked into the forums and found a bug report for it. Thinking I might get around this issue I downloaded and installed the earlier version but still no luck.

My question to you is. Were you able to fix the dll issue with the latest version? If not do you have the files available to run with the earlier version? I would love to have something to play with so I can become more comfortable with setting up the vCrib functions.

Regards
Sat May 16, 2009 1:15 am View user's profile Send private message
hobbes487

Post Reply with quote
There has been a lot of work done on the API and all the apps in the last few weeks. We are currently in the final testing stages and should be ready to release the new version soon. The problem with the winamp app should be solved with this release.

Its good to hear from new users that are excited about vCrib. I think you will find the community here very helpful so feel free to ask any questions you have especially when you invest in some hardware. There are many options to choose from including x10, zwave, insteon, bluetooth and more.

Sat May 16, 2009 7:21 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlexSG

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the update. I am looking forward to it. I attempted to pickup a PLC from ebay today but some joker bid above retail on it.
Sun May 17, 2009 12:41 am View user's profile Send private message
SnyperBob

Post Reply with quote
I can testify that vWinAmp is freakin' sweet! I used it all the time in the older version of vCrib, but it was broke on the latest upgrade. I kind of wish I didn't upgrade because I don't have time to try to roll everything back.

Either way, it will get fixed soon! I think I was the only person that was using vWinAmp and I pushed Vaughn to implement playlists and stuff like that. It was working awesome. I have ceiling speakers in every room of my house. I can walk around with a little x10 RF remote control, and change the song, just 10 songs, pause, whatever anywhere in the house. The x10 remote would get picked up by my w800rf receiver and then vCrib would send the commands to vWinAmp.

Out of everything that vCrib can do (including light control), vWinAmp seems to impress my friends the most. I'm kicking myself for not buying an ab8ss back when they were available. Would have been very handy

Clever image to be inserted here soon.... Smile
Tue May 19, 2009 3:22 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: