The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Developments

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib Development Chat View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Developments
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post SQL Developments Reply with quote
vCrib uses a lot of polling timers, which combined with the multiple steps required to complete an cycle from events to actions to commands, the system seems sluggish. In version 0090 I moved a lot more logic to MySQL, but I did not seem to really eliminate any of these steps and the system still seemed sluggish. 2 dasys ago I started moving more of Master's core logic into the database so it works off of triggers and procedures that respond nearly instantly. Doing this should help streamline the system a lot.

Soooo, while I am doing this, I am documenting the system directly in the DB, so these triggers will be easier for other developers to understand. I really want people to think of vCrib as being developed in SQL, with interfaces and module written in different languages, but the core logic being universal as it is SQL...

So anyone still interested in developing against vCrib, let me know and I will gladly work with you. It does not matter what language you use.

Vaughn

Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:21 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sjbauer

Post Logic into the database affect the api Reply with quote
Does this change affect the api for the client programs?

Steve
Sun Aug 16, 2009 5:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
No, the API is unaffected. To achieve this, you can still call Event_Queue_Add, but instead of the routing inserting a record into the queue, it just processes the event right away... The API does not know the difference.

Vaughn

Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib Development Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: