The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
logs

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion View previous topic
View next topic
logs
pomprocker

Post logs Reply with quote
can you have it save my settings for the logs?

its very annoying to have to check what i want to see EVERYTIME

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:07 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Sure can. I will look at it right away, it does not seem to hard.. Do you just want the check boxes on the side, or sort & filters saved too?

Vaughn

Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pomprocker

Post Reply with quote
i've just been checking all the boxes for now to see everything i can. however the admin program has crashed about 100 times since i've been playing with it this weekend. every time i start admin back up the checkboxes are unchecked again ;(

Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:46 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Ack sorry... There is a check all button on the bottom of them.

Are all the crashes related to that damaged bathroom light object, or are there others I should look for? Admin is the oly VB6 app left and does not have those nice TRY CATCH blocks, but if I know what button causes a crash, I can fix it up.

I just sent Humanzee another test copy, and it has all the changes that I just made according to the other forum posts earlier. I can still slip anything as I am sure he will find enough stuff I will be patching anyways.

Vaughn

Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
pomprocker

Post Reply with quote
Oh yeah those Try blocks are important....I figure you don't crash the software as often because you know what you're doing. When a newbie comes along and is just clicking around not knowing what they are doing the system crashes constantly.

Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:42 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Well, the system hopefully does not crash, just the graphical administration client... Maybe it seems unacceptable that the GUI crashes, but it is the last app on the scrap list. Admin.exe is being thrown away. So I have to balance the time I spent improving it and the time needed to replace it. If I ever see a crash, I fix it, and trust me I use it every single day... I don't see any crashes, but you're right, I don't delete events attached to active Objects, etc, so it never gets tested. That senerio I know now to test for and see what I can do to make it self repairing, but I am sure there are many more I simply don't know about.

It is nice once I can just give out new Admin.exe's... Then I can fix these issues in minutes, but this damn DB upgrade always complicates that. Hopefully now that I am maintaining 2 version atall times, I will always be able to but out fast hotfixes in the future.

Vaughn

Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:28 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: