The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
BlueTooth Proximity Application defaults

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Plug-Ins View previous topic
View next topic
BlueTooth Proximity Application defaults
Eatmeimadanish

Post BlueTooth Proximity Application defaults Reply with quote
The Bluetooth Proximity app has several issues, not sure who I need to contact for fixes... they seem minor.

1) The app tends to crash if you change the intervals either discovery or scan time
2) If you restart the app it defaults to an 8 second scan interval which is kinda overkill
3) Despite the wiki, the app definitly sends a Gone message to vcrib. I want to be able to miss a couple pings between intervals and have it reset the auto-off timer if an when it does.
4) The auto off timer constantly gets reset to 0.

If I could get the source code for this app, I can probably help getting it fixed.
Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Eatmeimadanish

Post Reply with quote
*Update*

Number 2 is wrong, despite what the log says it does keep the settings.
Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
hobbes487

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for the feedback. I will look into this as soon as I get a chance. It's good to hear that other people are using, or at lest trying to use BTP.

FYI, I am moving this tread to the plugins section.

Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:07 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
After like 6 months of not using BTP, I plugged in the BT adapter into my new windows 7 box, and ran Hobbes' app and it saw my phone and worked instantly... The phone was already in vCrib. But it was nice to see things just run...

Vaughn

Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:00 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Eatmeimadanish

Post Reply with quote
I bought a BT adapter rated for 100ft for like 12 bucks. It has worked flawlessly. After initially setting up the app (which likes to crash when you make changes) it has been stable and reliable.

I am still trying to build the logic around this that will work for me. I am trying to get the system to unlock the door only if I have been gone for more than 30 minutes and it sees my phone again.
Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Plug-Ins All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: