The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
WMC plugin

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests View previous topic
View next topic
WMC plugin
Onethingafteranother

Post WMC plugin Reply with quote
Hi Guys,

I've search for this or similar topics and had no hits, so here goes.

Has anyone looked into creating a WMC plugin to allow vCrib control? If the answer is no, I would be keen to give it a try. Just need a steer on where to start. Is there a MS application that aids WMC creations?
Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:52 am View user's profile Send private message
hobbes487

Post Reply with quote
What exactly are you looking to do with WMC? How would you integrate it with vcrib?

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:54 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Onethingafteranother

Post Reply with quote
Hmmm, good question and one I should have thought of!

I got a bit carried away the other day as I found a WMC plugin that allowed me to view cams, but only IP ones and one that controlled x10 devices.

I though it would be cool to be able to write something oneday that allowed me to view my cams (not ip ones) and carry out simple control of, in my case in the UK, just x10. I know I can't have two controllers of x10 else they would lose track, so even better, tap into vcrib somehow and carry out simple control of lights. Not all, just the most relevant to the tv viewing area or garden and maybe see something along the lines of the web interface, where you could see the status of a selected list of devices. Also, control of the music libary via vcrib and winamp would be great.

I just an idea at the moment.
Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
when speaking of app like WMC, SAGE, EG, you have to specify clearly What is Controlling what or Both (Bi-directional).

So there is vCrib control of WMC (Doorbell rings, vCrib sends a Mute command to WMC). This is not hard to do at all and can probably be done with CMDline.exe

Then there is having a GUI within WMC to see your floorplans and have buttons to send commands to vCrib. This "CAN" be very hard to do from scratch and Microsoft has developer kits to do it. ORRR if you can integrate EventGhost or similar product into WMC, then have it send commands to vCrib via vccl.exe.

There is no custom app written for vCrib and WMC. If you would like to make one, the vCrib side is easy and I will give you all the help you want to make it. We have source code available for you to copy and past the vCrib parts from.

Vaughn

Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: