The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Location Tracking

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests View previous topic
View next topic
Location Tracking
mattgreen

Post Location Tracking Reply with quote
www.openbeacon.org

What do you think? I think it looks great!!

You would just need to develop a simple interface that worked out the X/Y of the RFID tag, then store it in a database.

The main application could then read the location of each user and put it on the map?
Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:48 am View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, this is what I have been dreaming of... I am trying to design the software so when location devices like this are available, vCrib will take little work to interface and track multiple people. Until we use a product like this, occupant location is a silly guessing game...

Honestly it looked complicated and expensive overall though. I hope they continue to refine it and bring the price and knowledge requirements down a little. If you find someone developing against the with some source though, let me know and I will jump all over it.

Vaughn

Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
For me its a behavior problem. I'm just not going to get my wife to carry a star trek pendant around with her so that the house knows where she is. If the house had eyes through which to see, ears through which to hear, and a nose to detect our pharamones, and a brain that could recognize any of the above and more, we'd be on our way with out "special" behaviors needed to make it work. I want to see facial/feature recognition for occupant tracking. That'd be sweet.

And it can't be too hard to get bluetooth recognition to at least know who is on premises for a start.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: