The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
DONE 0062: Action Execution Command

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests View previous topic
View next topic
DONE 0062: Action Execution Command
Humanzee

Post DONE 0062: Action Execution Command Reply with quote
Hey,
I could use a command that will execute an action bypassing the triggers and conditions. Imagine that you have an action that runs a series of commands. Like I have one that sets all rooms vacant and turns off anything else that isn't part of the occupancy rules. Anyway, its like 15 items or something. It would be nice if there were one execute command created for each action so that we can link actions or simplify sequences like this.

I don't know how other UI's might work web/pda etc but I'd envision at its most simple form you'd want to be able to select a room and then select from a series of commands for that room. Having a single command to execute an action could be handy. Otherwise we'd have to clone an action and change the triggers to some event that we can introduce with a command, and there is no action clone at the moment so that would be.........

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:40 am View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I finished this one for the next version too.

This required a lot of changes, DB work etc. It was not too bad though and is ready for the next release.

Vaughn

Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
Gratci

Do you think it would be worth assigning actions to a location, so that location based queries, from any future gui, could display all related commands, devices, actions etc?

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Humanzee wrote:
Gratci

Do you think it would be worth assigning actions to a location, so that location based queries, from any future gui, could display all related commands, devices, actions etc?

Well, so many actions would not conform to any location that it would be a sparse field. From the other direction, like looking at Devices or Events, I could pull in the relevant Actions.... From Actions though, not sure sorting by location would show much...

Vaughn

Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
CribKeeper wrote:
From the other direction, like looking at Devices or Events, I could pull in the relevant Actions....
Vaughn
Yes, this was work and I thought about that for a bit. It's a nice idea because you can get access to actions that might affect more than one location from any location that those actions affect. Wink I was just thinking about a location centric interface more than a device or action centric interface with a big list of options.

There are lots of different ways to sort, and group, That is both a good thing and a challenging one. I think we'll find that each user will have their own preference.

vCrib Wiki
Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: