The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Static maps

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests View previous topic
View next topic
Static maps
SnyperBob

Post Static maps Reply with quote
Hey Vaughn,

This may already be built into vCrib, but I was wondering if you could have vCrib somehow make a flat map with the current status of all the devices on it.

This would be nice to have for a web interface. So you can see a visual representation of your house and see what state every device is in. Basically have one image that depicts what you see on the MAIN tab of Admin .exe

I don't know if this is complicated or not. I guess there could be some sort of action or something that could be fired off to generate a new image. That way vCrib isn't chugging along every minute making a new image. One could be generated only when needed or something. ie...when I refresh the web page, fire off the action and get the newest image.

This might make the web interface really stand out, but I don't know if this would bog down resources

Clever image to be inserted here soon.... Smile
Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:47 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
hobbes487

Post Reply with quote
This could be a good idea to cut down on resources, but I don't think it is necessary to do this in order to add a map to the web interface. The x/y position of the object on the map are available in the DB so it should be possible to replicate the map tab in admin.exe. It will just take a good web developer.

Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:43 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
I've never had luck with coordinate overlay in web stuff, but then I'm not a "good" web developer. I was just chatting with Vaughn about the same thing for SageTV. Very Happy

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
SnyperBob

Post Reply with quote
Humanzee wrote:
I've never had luck with coordinate overlay in web stuff, but then I'm not a "good" web developer. I was just chatting with Vaughn about the same thing for SageTV. Very Happy

Yeah, I wanted static maps for the web interface, which ultimately would be tied into Sage Smile

Clever image to be inserted here soon.... Smile
Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: