The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Documentation Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion View previous topic
View next topic
Documentation Requests
Onethingafteranother

Post Reply with quote
I have to agree, you've got some fantastic detail on those walk throughs.

Who would have thought, someone who looks after fancy sheep would branch into HA. Just goes to prove, you never can tell!!

Couple of points I noted,

The AB8SSSpeaker Switch link does not work (http://www.thevirtualcrib.com/wiki/index.php?title=Supported_Hardware) Does anyone have a spare one of these they would consider selling?

Step 3 & 6 format is wrong on the SMTP guide (http://www.thevirtualcrib.com/wiki/index.php?title=Setting_up_SMTP_and_sending_an_email_with_a_command) Needs some kind of page wrap, else you have to scroll for miles to read the sentence.
Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
hobbes487

Post Reply with quote
The AB8SSS is no longer in production unfortunately. I should probably take the link out.

As for errors in the wiki, thanks for pointing them out. i fixed the SMTP guide problem. Feel free to edit the wiki yourself if you see things like that in the future. After all, it was your guide to begin with. Smile

Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:06 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
SnyperBob

Post Reply with quote
yeah, I've been looking for an AB8SS lately as well.

I'm kicking myself for not buying one sooner, but I just couldn't afford one before Sad

I guess we'll have to find a replacement piece of hardware for the AB8SS. I received an email back from the guy that makes them and it doesn't appear he can afford to make them anymore. Bummer

Clever image to be inserted here soon.... Smile
Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:58 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
Posted some stuff about variables in the wiki, Not really proofed, had to hit save before leaving the office.
http://www.thevirtualcrib.com/wiki/index.php?title=Terminology#Variables

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
hobbes487

Post Reply with quote
Thanks! That's some good stuff. I think variables can be pretty confusing for new users and your documentation does a great job explaining how they work and the power they can add to vCrib.

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:23 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
There still needs to be some explanation about how to use variables within Text to Speech and custom conditions/triggers. I'm just not sure if the syntax for that has changed. [VARIABLE NAME] etc. much of the System variable stuff is hard coded so I think Vaughn has to document it. Are we still using GVARIABLE i.e. GTEMP? etc.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:43 pm View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Humanzee wrote:
There still needs to be some explanation about how to use variables within Text to Speech and custom conditions/triggers. I'm just not sure if the syntax for that has changed. [VARIABLE NAME] etc. much of the System variable stuff is hard coded so I think Vaughn has to document it. Are we still using GVARIABLE i.e. GTEMP? etc.

Everything is converted to Variables now. Use [VARIABLE=Temp], [VARIABLE=Time], etc... It will read the value of any variable.

Vaughn

Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: