The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
DONE: Various errors I've run into

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Bug Reports View previous topic
View next topic
DONE: Various errors I've run into
pomprocker

Post DONE: Various errors I've run into Reply with quote
using vcrib 6.5 have many errors (always have) and mind you this is a fresh install of the latest according to the install guide and video.

here are some screen shots
(oh i can't seems to be able to attach files?)

Admin Client->Main Tab
Looks like the top of a word at the bottom of the logo says "Process.." something. The rest of the words are in the black. It looks like its printing the description column of the logs tab in the bottom half of the main splash screen. The other problem on this screen is the weather box is halfway off the screen and i can't see it.
Then when i click on the map drop down i get:
Run-time error '381'
Invalid property array index.
And then vcrib craps out on me.

Admin Client->Users Tab
Trying to update the user Vaugh to my own name I get a runtime error
'-2147217900 (80040e14)'
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.67-community-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near "WHERE User_ID=1017' at line 1
And then vcrib proceeds to crap out on me like usual.

Admin Client->Maps Tab
Click on the empty row in the Devices on Map pane and I get:
Run-time error '7005';
Rowset not available
and then vcrib craps out on me.

Insteon.exe
Run-time error '429'
ActiveX component can't create object

Oh I'm running windows XP SP3 running in Parallels on Mac os x 10.4.x

Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:42 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Humanzee

Post Re: Various errors I've run into Reply with quote
pomprocker wrote:
using vcrib 6.5 have many errors (always have) and mind you this is a fresh install of the latest according to the install guide and video.

Admin Client->Main Tab
Looks like the top of a word at the bottom of the logo says "Process.." something. The rest of the words are in the black. It looks like its printing the description column of the logs tab in the bottom half of the main splash screen. The other problem on this screen is the weather box is halfway off the screen and i can't see it.

The weather module has been deactivated in as it needs to be completely re-written. The weather box position can be changed on the maps tab. Though it created an error when I last played with it.

pomprocker wrote:

Run-time error '381'

I only have one map, but I was able to confirm this error.

pomprocker wrote:

Admin Client->Users Tab
'-2147217900 (80040e14)'
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.67-community-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near "WHERE User_ID=1017' at line 1

Users are now administered on the Objects tab with device type Occupant. The users tab is mostly inactive other than I believe the "Disable User Security" function. I'm not sure how the different user security levels are used these days.

pomprocker wrote:

Admin Client->Maps Tab
Run-time error '7005';
Rowset not available

Yep, my maps aren't even showing up here.

pomprocker wrote:

Insteon.exe
Run-time error '429'

Looks like there are a number of issues to look at in 0.6.5. Please understand that there have been a lot of structure changes going on under the surface of vCrib which has made possible the new plug-ins that we are seeing. BlueTooth Proximity, Zwave support, Web interface, etc. Unfortunately, with so much changing, the clean up of the vb applications can get overlooked. Also a lot of energy is going into building a new administration panel in .NET which duplicates the amount of code that needs to be updated when things change. The new .net versions will allow some of those things that we have been waiting for. Transparent device logo's, applications running as services, etc.

That being said, thank you for reporting these issues. Some of us have been getting interim patches and do not need to regularly add new devices or maps or users so we don't always run into these errors while testing, where old functionality gets broken. Keep in mind that this is version 0.6.5 not 6.5 and we never claimed it be perfect. Including error traps all over these applications would be nice for us end users, however, it take a lot of time that could be spent on fixing the issues to begin with. If you are not totally vested with your install, I hear that 0.6.6 should be here before too long and we might be making a move to a newer version of mySQL. Honestly, 0.6.5 has been patched probably 3-4 times since it was originally posted. Hopefully, we will be able to make 0.6.6 quite stable as well for fresh installs and maybe it will be the last release before moving on towards the .net applications. Vaughn would have to comment on that.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Humanzee

pomprocker wrote:

Run-time error '381'

Admin Client->Maps Tab
Run-time error '7005';
Rowset not available

Replicating this error has removed my default map, other than devices I now have squat on my Main page. When trying to re-add the map I get an error that says Path not found: 'C:\vCrib\images\maps' My maps path is C:\vCrib\Images\Maps with capital I and M but I wouldn't think that would matter.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:45 am View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
LOL, I read the first post and then replied to each issue and it was a long post. THEN I read Humanzee's reply and it was basically the EXACT same reply as mine! =) So I deleted my replys and just want to add that there was 0 regression testing this release =(. Now that I know you are trying it, that changes everything and I will address a few of these issues, do a regression test (which results in a new install video addressing things too).

I am starting on the fixes now and will work on it all weekend. So thank you for trying this build and reporting things and I promise to get you a clean build this weekend.

Vaughn

Fri Dec 12, 2008 7:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CribKeeper
Site Admin

pomprocker wrote:

Admin Client->Main Tab

The default properties for the logs, weather box and video box were set to Visible. I have updated all of them so this issue is fixed.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CribKeeper
Site Admin

pomprocker wrote:
Admin Client->Users Tab
'-2147217900 (80040e14)'

I have removed the User tab. The reasons it was still there was for legacy code I used to move people's pics arround the map in my house. No one is using that and will have to wait for me to reimplement the feature based on the new Occupant Objects. So issue two fix in the dev code.

Vaughn

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CribKeeper
Site Admin

pomprocker wrote:

Run-time error '381'

I used the new DB, updated the default map, no errors clicking on the map dropdown before or after. Then I added a new map based off of default, no issues. Then I updated the images. I fixed two things at this point: If a bad image name is used on the default map, the app will no longer crash on startup. Second, if you selected a map with a bad image from the dropdown, it would leave the last map loaded. I now made it blank out the current map image when the new one can not be loaded.

UPDATE: Humanzee sent me his DB so I could see what happened and I got all these taken care of.

Thanks,
Vaughn

Last edited by CribKeeper on Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:26 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CribKeeper
Site Admin

pomprocker wrote:

Admin Client->Maps Tab
Run-time error '7005';
Rowset not available

this is fixed now in dev code. I don't see any other grids that are empty or give an error. If it shows up somewhere else, let me know and I can add the same fix in no time...

Vaughn

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CribKeeper
Site Admin

pomprocker wrote:

Insteon.exe
Run-time error '429'

Did you instal the Insteon SDM3? My app is built on their crappy SDK, so it needs to be installed.

Vaughn

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Humanzee wrote:

Replicating this error has removed my default map, other than devices I now have squat on my Main page. When trying to re-add the map I get an error that says Path not found: 'C:\vCrib\images\maps' My maps path is C:\vCrib\Images\Maps with capital I and M but I wouldn't think that would matter.

You still having troubles? I have not found any errors like this. I have renamed maps, used bad names, etc. Hit me up on IM if you still have an issue and I will go throught it with you.

It may just be the bug I fixed above about trying to start Admin.exe with a map pointing to a bad image name. You can edit the DB or get the new patches from me.

UPDATE Maps SET map_path to a good file name....

Vaughn

Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Humanzee wrote:
pomprocker wrote:

Run-time error '381'

Admin Client->Maps Tab
Run-time error '7005';
Rowset not available

Ok, what I found is that the ADD/UPDATE buttons were not disabled on the Maps screen when you fixed click on it, before selecting a map. So if you click add, you would add a map with no name and it was hosing the system. I fixed all bugs relating to the blank name and even the errors that occured if a blank name was in there...

Vaughn

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:11 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CribKeeper
Site Admin

pomprocker wrote:

Admin Client->Main Tab
Run-time error '381'

Admin Client->Users Tab
'-2147217900 (80040e14)'

Admin Client->Maps Tab
Run-time error '7005';
Rowset not available

Insteon.exe
Run-time error '429'

Pomprocker, sorry there are a lot of errors, but I hope you see how fast I address issues that I know are affecting people. I think all of these issues are fixed and I am working on a couple Humanzee pointed out in the variable system and will definitly have a big release this weekend.

Vaughn

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:14 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lyghtning

Post Reply with quote
So i'm also running into the ActiveX control object creation,

I attempted to install Insteon SDK apparently you can only get it buy purchasing the developerkit
Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Bug Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: