The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Compiled Known Bugs 0090.2 Beta Post here
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Beta Bug Reports View previous topic
View next topic
Compiled Known Bugs 0090.2 Beta Post here
Humanzee

Post Compiled Known Bugs 0090.2 Beta Post here Reply with quote
This is a beta version, some bugs may be related to upgrade scripts or installation problems. You should install and run beta versions from a separate folder and against a separate database schema so that you can roll back easily. Several bugs may be related and squashed with one fix. Be Patient and update your posts when a fix is verified.

Humanzee: Admin.exe Actions based on time triggers do not execute.
Humanzee; Admin.exe Sunrise and Sunset OFFSET variables are not calculated accurately, they tend to equal the actual sunrise and sunset times.
Humanzee: Master.exe Exit button does nothing.
Humanzee, AlexSG: Speaker.exe has encountered a problem and must exit. system.invalidoperationexception

NOT REPRODUCIBLE, USER CONFIGURATION? Aaron: Admin.exe Form Load Error Out.. the user specified as a definer ('root'@'%') does not exist
NOT REPRODUCIBLE, USER CONFIGURATION? Aaron: Admin.exe Error in Load System Status 'Text' property is read only.

NOT REPRODUCIBLE, Humanzee: PhidgetIK.exe Unhandled exception Self resolved after restart
NOT REPRODUCIBLE, Humanzee: Not sure which process. Error in Zip_Code: Duplicate Entry 'SECURITY MODE SET VALUE' for key 2. Can not reproduce the error.

FIXED with new Master.exe, Humanzee: Queue Timer is not restarting Minute timer.
FIXED, previously known: vWinamp doesn't work.
FIXED, Humanzee: Master.exe Unhandled Exception. There is no row at Position 0.
FIXED, Humanzee: Master.exe when setting weather poll rate, get error, "The connection is already open"
FIXED, Humanzee: Master.exe Error in the left side log "The connection is already open" every 1 minute.
FIXED, Humanzee: Master.exe no logging at all on right side.
FIXED, Humanzee: Master.exe weather poll rate is not persistent between sessions.
FIXED, Humanzee: Master.exe is not processing actions based on event triggers
FIXED, Humanzee: Admin.exe Images associated with device type Location are no longer clickable to toggle status. I can not force vacancy by clicking on a location icon.
FIXED, Humanzee: Admin.exe Map logs are not displaying per their setting on the maps page. Appears that master is not processing actions based on event triggers.
FIXED, Humanzee: Admin.exe device images are not updating to reflect correct status consistently.
FIXED, Humanzee: BT Proximity.exe Does not crash but have not gotten it to detect a device yet.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki

Last edited by Humanzee on Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:45 pm; edited 8 times in total
Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
hobbes487

Post Re: Compiled Known Bugs 0090.2 Beta Post here. Reply with quote
Humanzee wrote:
BT Proximity.exe Does not crash but have not gotten it to detect a device yet.

-What does the log say?
-Is your device in discoverable mode?
-Did you check out the directions in the wiki?

Can you post your answers in the BTP support thread to keep this one clean?

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:39 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Lets not do this. What happens is the install script is missing a stored proc. Nice and simple, easy to fix. This proc crashes the DLL and all the sudden you are reporting 20 errors that cascaded down from the DLL crashing.

When there is a core problem like a stored proc missing, lets just add it and then resume testing... Most of those errors are bogus... the only one that is really important is the Row 0 error which means you are missing a stored proc. Once the proc call fails, it hangs with the connection open and that causes the connection already open errors, and so on...

When the beta version is deemed stable and released to prod, and the install is good too Wink, then we can report those bugs because they are real bugs that escaped testing.

I post the BETAs now so they will not interfer with your stable system. I post them so the testers can make sure it is working against a few different installs. I give ya'll early releases, etc, and Db's can become slightly out of sync with the DB that is online... We handle this between via Instant messenger and don't need to post those details on this board. I promise nothing to end users who down load the beta. If you are not a beta tester, don't download the beta....

Things like Phidgets may be compiled against a different version of the Phidget Library, some times MYSQL connectors may have to be updated to newer versions. All of these can cause errors, but they are not bugs.
Once you send me your DB, I will know more and will fix it.

Thanks,
Vaughn

Last edited by CribKeeper on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:57 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Oh, and map images are not clickable or update properly when Master is not running... so again, just a cascaded side-effect of that 1 proc.

Vaughn

Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:59 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
After thinking about it a few more minutes, maybe what we are needing is just another sub-forum for both BETA and Production versions.

I just don't want to confuse the people who only run the stable copies with bug reports that never apply to what they run.

Vaughn

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:07 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
AlexSG

Post Reply with quote
Hello,

I am playing around with the new beta version today. Is the Speaker.exe has encountered a problem and must exit error correctable? I have not looked into it yet but will I be able to integrate vwinamp with the beta?

Thanks for the newest version to tinker with.

Regards
Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:26 am View user's profile Send private message
hobbes487

Post Reply with quote
I'm not sure about the error with Speaker.exe. It starts up ok for me. Maybe a screenshot of the error would help.

The v0.0.8.0 of vWinamp will not work with the beta release. It uses a different version of the vCrib dll. Vaughn is working on the next release of vWinamp and will hopefully be releasing it into the beta soon.

Glad to hear others are testing out the beta. Please let us know of any other problems you encounter.

Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:16 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AlexSG

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply. Looking forward to vWinamp. With it I can really start to play until I can get hardware.

The speaker.exe error seems like the same one Humanzee had. I have attached a screen of the application error.

Also when running the master it is causing constant disk activity. Is that normal? I don't remember v.8 doing this but I don't have it installed right now to compare.

Regards
Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:22 am View user's profile Send private message
Aaron

Post Reply with quote
Cannot get Admin.exe to run. INI looks correct and I can access MySQL using the user/pw in the INI.

getting errors below with Admin.exe (note: Master.exe also errors on root acct) - root has been given ALL possible perms on all Catalogs.
Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
AlexSG

Post Reply with quote
@Arron

I had an error like your second image when I first installed the database also. When I added localhost to root it fixed the issue on mine.

I am not sure about your first image.
Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:59 am View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
hmm, interesting fi... Basically I NEVER use local host. for the people tht had the root error, it seemed they were usually running the wrong version of MySQL or they did not pick the right options during the install. If you can get it to work with localhost, that is cool, but I recommend using the IP of the server and fixing any issues you have if it will not let you use the IP of the server..

Vaughn

Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:49 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
My ini says localhost, could that be contributory to my issues with the beta?

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
Ok, Vaughn patched my DB for me as I had an in between build. The MASTER.exe problems are gone for me now, Speaker still will not run and there are issues with the TIME procedures not running. Maybe some issues with the new condition status. Still testing.

BTP is working now but the "on site" check box in the BTP app does not toggle, it always seems to say on site. Doesn't seem to effect anything though.

Not sure if there will be another beta before a 9x release or not, so things that say "fixed" in post one, may not be available till you hear of a newer version being posted.

vCrib Wiki
Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
hobbes487

Post Reply with quote
The 'on site' check box is read-only and just tells if the device is on site or not. Does it not change when the device is not on site?

Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:42 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
hobbes487 wrote:
Does it not change when the device is not on site?
It does not change. At least during the period I tested it. It should switch after scan interval has passed, correct? I waited for a full auto-off cycle from the device object in vcrib. still did not switch. But like I said doesn't seem to effect vcrib's behavior. That is as long as BTP is not needed to report an event for "Gone" and is using auto-off to revert the device status.

vCrib Wiki
Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Beta Bug Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: