The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Alarm Clock

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion View previous topic
View next topic
Alarm Clock
pomprocker

Post Alarm Clock Reply with quote
I have set up an alarm clock action and would like to take it further.

How would I make it turn off when motion is detected in the bathroom? (M1)

Also I've got my alarm action to speak the weather, it is easy enough to make it speak the time?

Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:46 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
I added to the wiki for this response.

http://www.thevirtualcrib.com/wiki/index.php?title=Alarm_Clocks_/_Time_Based_Routines

Use HH:MM to cite the time in TTS. or in 0090 and later, there is a new variable for time in am/pm format in which you would call [VARIABLE=TIME AMPM] etc.

Yes, yes, yes, I know this is obfuscated.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Time based conditions also have an event section below where you enter the time ranges, so you just add:

NOT Some Motion ON within 360 seconds.

I use the bathroom motion detector to silence my alarm.

Vaughn

Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
I just don't get up. Twisted Evil

Actually vCrib just does my curtains and lights in the morning, I have regular alarm clocks for noisy things. Since I use the lights while I'm getting ready, I just set them to go off at a set time after I am gone. The dogs stay in the bedroom all day so I turn off the lights ON with motion for the time range when we expect to be at work. There is more write up about time ranges in the wiki and forum articles about sunrise sunset scenarios.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:18 am View user's profile Send private message
pomprocker

Post Reply with quote
Humanzee wrote:
I added to the wiki for this response.

http://www.thevirtualcrib.com/wiki/index.php?title=Alarm_Clocks_/_Time_Based_Routines

Use HH:MM to cite the time in TTS. or in 0090 and later, there is a new variable for time in am/pm format in which you would call [VARIABLE=TIME AMPM] etc.

Yes, yes, yes, I know this is obfuscated.

Thanks for the lengthy wiki entry, i'll check it out in a few.

As for all wiki entries you should put and date and the version it applies to. ( I administer a wiki at work)

So you have the stuff that applies to current stable under 'Latest' and as new versions come out you move 'Latest' to the actual version number: 0.0.8.0

I would hate for a new guy to run across this entry 2 years from now and soak it all up and it not even apply anymore.

Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:14 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: