The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
VCCL.exe

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion View previous topic
View next topic
VCCL.exe
Eatmeimadanish

Post VCCL.exe Reply with quote
Any chance someone could send me VCCL.exe to my spam mail account eatmeimadanish at Hotmail.com? Or does this not exist yet?
Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
VCCL.exe needs to be refreshed. It has some issues where it is inserting events into the log but not into the event queue. I think there were some db changes since it was first developed so it may not work for you even if we sent it.

CMDLine.exe also needs a little work before we let it out. Currently it parses the file folder path incorrectly as backslashes are stored as "escape" in the database. This means we have to use a c:\\foldername\\filename syntax when entering command lines. Then when you hit update it strips out all the \ again and you have to re-enter them. CMDLine parameters on the action tab do not work either and there is also an issue with process start and stop logging and double logging for process startup.

These are mostly simple issues to fix. But need to be done along with other things before we release.

Thanks for your patience. I am keen on getting EvengGhost integration going too.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Eatmeimadanish

Post Reply with quote
In the time being, has anyone thought of using eventghost to mimick web calls into VCRIB or DB calls?
Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:44 am View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hobbes finished the vccl refresh and it is included in the latest build I am putting up.

between vccl.exe and CMDLine.exe, vcrib can send and receive info to/from other apps, so eventghost should be fully usable now, even without a custom eventghost interface.

Vaughn

Thu Oct 29, 2009 2:27 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Eatmeimadanish

Post Reply with quote
Wow very very sweet. I will be playing with tonight. I have several kids who are excited about learning the home automation/ HTPC build business and we will be playing tonight. In payment I will have them start working on more documentation.
Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: