The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
VR and Speaker questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion View previous topic
View next topic
VR and Speaker questions
Datahead

Post Reply with quote
As I am still using XP I am not sure how Windows 7 VR works, however it sounds like you have the window 7 VR setup to do the functions like "open,delete,etc." there should be a way to turn this function off in windows without turning the whole thing off. I'll attemp a little research on this, but without having Windows 7 in front of me might be a little tough. I'll see what I can come up with.

Ron

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Onethingafteranother

Post Reply with quote
Thanks DH,

I have never used VR before and all seems like vodoo magic to me. I can't seem to find any settings to isolate what software (vCrib, Windows, etc) is controlled by it.

Also, I'm having the oposite problem with vCrib. Where as, windows trys to action all I say, vCrib completely ignores me!! I have imported the grammer file and am using all settings as they were origianlly installed. This means there is corrisponding actions in vCrib for each line in the grammer, or at least enough to get started.

I have a better mic, although by no means perfect. I don't think this is the cause of the problem now.

What mic do you use DateHead? Have you just started with a desk mic or do you have an 'all bells n whistles' room mic?
Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:00 am View user's profile Send private message
Datahead

Post Reply with quote
My mic is a crap mic... I think I bought it for 12 bucks at a computer discount store years ago... LOL.. As to the Grammer, I know at least with XP I used the voice reconition learning application in XP to train XP to reconize my voice. Just a heads up, with background noise and stuff VR is not perfect, also if you add a phrase to VR I belive you have to reload the grammer file in VR. (At least I do to make sure. I could be wrong about that.) But I think your on the right track of the VR of windows is overrideing the VR of Vcrib. I am still looking for info for you, just havn't found much.

Ron

Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: