The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
comments on my test run

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion View previous topic
View next topic
comments on my test run
dbemowsk

Post comments on my test run Reply with quote
I did a test run of the vCrib software. I ran through the database setup and was able to run the admin.exe program which took me to a demo floor plan view in the main tab. So I decided to try to add my own floorplan and get some things set up. It took me a bit to figure out how to use my floorplan, but I eventually got that in. I then started trying to add objects and that is where I ran into a bunch of errors. I didn't write them all down, but I can say from a programmers standpoint (I mainly code in PHP) that there needs to be more error checking and trapping. some of the errors I was getting were MySql errors though annoying I got by. Some of the errors I got though were runtime errors that completely kicked me out of the program to where I had to re-start it. This is not good. You have to work out the runtime errors.

Being a programmer myself I know how it is when you are coding software that is in alpha stage development and trying to sort through all the errors. You have so many ideas that you want to add to the software that you code them in as fast as you can. You get the software with a bunch of functions that you like and since you coded them and know EXACTLY what to do to make them work, you don't see all the errors. That is why you need people testing it.

I was checking out your videos on the website and seeing some of what the software can do shows me that this software has A LOT of potential. It looks like you have a good start on it. Keep plugging away at it and you'll get there. I don't think that at this time I will use the software, but I will check back in the future to test out newer versions and see how the progress is going.

Again, keep up the good work.

Dan Bemowski
PHP Web Scripting LLC.
Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:01 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Virtual Crib general discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: