The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
COMING: Occupancy Duration timer.

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests View previous topic
View next topic
COMING: Occupancy Duration timer.
Humanzee

Post COMING: Occupancy Duration timer. Reply with quote
So how about this. Right now we have occupancy time outs, but how about a timer that starts counting up from when a Occupancy triggering event happens. I.e. I.e. a variable that gets updated with an increasing duration each time the triggering event is detected and while the location is still with in the OCCUPIED status. This is similar to the depreciated activity level but simpler I think.

For instance, If you go into the bathroom for less than two minutes, im guessing that you don't need the fan on right? But if you were in there form more than 2 you could probably use the fan. You would simply make a trigger based on the variable value being greater than 2 minutes etc. Then when VACANCY occurs the variable is reset to zero.

I don't really have a use for it at the moment but its an idea.
Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:08 am View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hmmm, trying to think of the best way to do this. So lets say once the door is closed, you want to write a time trigger that basically says:

NOW > (Bathroom Door last updated time + 2 minutes)

so this would be a Trigger condition (Time Based).

The problem is it will fire every minute after that time, so you would need additional conditions in the Action that says (And Bathroom Fan = OFF) or something to keep it from re-issuing the command every minute.

There really are no timers in vCrib. Everything is date/time comparisons. so every condition would be checking for a specific time, of a time like NOW + some offset compared to a time field like the Time Stamps on audit trails or Last Updated Time on objects, etc.

I really don't like to impliment code unless someone is going to use it, but I can do this if you will be testing it out... =)

Vaughn

Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:14 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
CribKeeper wrote:
There really are no timers in vCrib.

I've gathered that by now, the op was back in September. Anyway there still should be a way to reference time stamps and make + - arguments. If a variable was automatically created and updated for each occupancy/vacancy change, you could then build a condition trigger + or - some amount of time, and qualify it in your action "While Bathroom_Occupied = 'Y' " etc.

The whole < > stuff needs to be flushed out too. Else an optional text box for SQL strings written out long hand to be processed in the Action Conditions area. That way you could inject sub-queries to do what ever etc.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
See my other thread where instead of make more variables, I just expose object properties like

Object.Vacancy_Timer
Object.Status
Object.Dim_Level
Object.Updated_DateTime

then you would use them like the variables, but instead of [VARIABLE=Sunset] you would use [Object.Updated_DateTime=Bathroom Door] and it would just substitute that expression with whatever date/time is in that object's properites.

Nothing new would be created this way.

Vaughn

Tue Nov 20, 2007 4:16 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: