The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
NEEDS DEVELOPER: Visual recognition

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests View previous topic
View next topic
NEEDS DEVELOPER: Visual recognition
TheMan

Post NEEDS DEVELOPER: Visual recognition Reply with quote
Now here's a tough subject to tackle. I can't see this being integrated for a bunch of releases out, but would be a phenomenal feature to have.

This has security and environmental applications.
Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:20 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I have some Camera code with motion tracking, etc.

Look at this link for other vision functions as there is an existing Intel library to handle all vision features, we just need support for the Library =)

http://www.intel.com/technology/computing/opencv/

I have code for it, but it is in C and I don't have time to play with it now. If someone wants to, they can take over the gun turret project =)

Vaughn

Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
TheMan

Post sign me up Reply with quote
I'd take over that project... I have a personal interest in offloading most of the processing onto an on-board cpu...
Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:47 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Re: sign me up Reply with quote
TheMan wrote:
I'd take over that project... I have a personal interest in offloading most of the processing onto an on-board cpu...

Cool, in light of recent events, can we put this off for a month or two and my 1-month timeline to finsh up a polished release is going to take all my time and efforts and that still probably won't be enough. If there is any of the core features that people will expect from a basic product that you might be interested in working on until then, that would be awesome.

I will try to get a Team Members forum set up so the team so we can talk about skills, interests, availability and the such in private, cuz honestly I talk so much to so many people, that stuff get grabled up in my head. If I forget stuff like getting you guys access to the stuff you want to work on, or updating the list of what everyone is working on, and stuff like that, feel free to remind me =)

THANKS,
Vaughn

Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: