The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
DONE 0053: Caller ID

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests View previous topic
View next topic
DONE 0053: Caller ID
Humanzee

Post DONE 0053: Caller ID Reply with quote
I think this is already done but not released. YAK listener?
Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Humanzee,
You can put yours directly in the Sticky as you know what is up. Obvious things don't need threads. If you are not sure if it would make a good feature or something, then a thread is cool so we can discuss it, options, etc.

Vaughn

Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
yeah, I knew you bought hardware for Caller ID, I just hadn't heard more. The sticky in this area isn't as clear as the bugs forum. I edited it once with an Unknown time frame but figured that you had a better idea about what and when than I did thus the new thread. If I know its coming ill sticky it.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I have a Caller ID modem and a NetCallerID box. Neither I have example source for and they are not prioritized. I will work on the sticky, but unless I can freeze time....

Vaughn

Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:08 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
I just updated the stick with regard to Caller ID. The other reason to start a new thread is that you can write a paragraph in a new thread. The sticky is better to list topic names so that it doesn't get polluted. We could actually link then from the sticky to the specific forum thread for discussion.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Done. YTek and I put out a Tapi 2.2 client that now interfaces to vCrib and updates a Variable called CALLER. When this variable changes it fires a CALLER CHANGED event that you can use to announce the caller, mute the TV, etc.

All you have to do is run the TAPI client, click listen. The make a new Action with the CALLER CHANGED trigger and then execute any commands you like...

I am closing this request.

Vaughn

Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:55 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: