The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
COMING: Execution Time

Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests View previous topic
View next topic
COMING: Execution Time
Humanzee

Post COMING: Execution Time Reply with quote
execution time offset for the commands in the action tab.

I.e.

Lamp ON | 100% brightness | Now() + 5s
or scheduled
Lamp ON | 100% brightness | 11-20-2007 20:32:00

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
CribKeeper
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I think I have a simple solution to make this work with minimal development. The command queue has a Queue_DATETIME stamp, if I let you specify a date/time, I will store it in this current field. Then when the apps SELECT * FROM Command_Queue, I will add WHERE Queue_DATETIME <= NOW()

This will leave any future command in the queue until its time comes. This does not address canceling and cleanup of futre commands you don't want anymore, but I think it is such an easy feature with a lot of bang for the buck that I should try it...

Let me know what you think.

Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:49 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Humanzee

Post Reply with quote
Sounds good, but I think the UI needs to be simple too.

Dunno if the you can do something as simple as
delay ___ box
specific time, HH:MM::SS, box
specific date, MM/DD/YYYY box

Then some rules in the code.

If all boxes are empty, set execution time/date stamp Now(),
If delay time = #S and time box is null and date box is null then set execution time to (Now() + # seconds)
If delay time = #D and time box is null and date box is null then set execution time to (Now() + # days)
If delay and date box are empty and time box is not then set execution time to Today at HH:MM:SS
If delay and time box are empty and date box is not then set execution time to MM:DD:YYYY at time = NOW
If delay time = #D and time box is not null and date box is null then set execution time to (Today + # days) at HH:MM:SS

You get the idea anyway. Can also check to see if the specified date is in the future or in the past and throw an error.

Effectively then with the delay and time options you can set scenario's for Ten seconds from now. Tomorrow 600 seconds from now, or on my wives birthday at 22:00 hours. We could also consider including days of the week or first day of the weekend etc.

Of course for the year, you may want an option to default to the current year for specific date functions. I doubt that we could expect for a command to stay in the queue for years before being cleared out by some process of updating or purging the queue. Such anniversary dates should be handled in a variable or something. Actually, because of this, specific date may not be a great idea. but specific time and delay could work for getting things like tomorrow or the day after tomorrow at a certain time. An action is something that should be expected to run repeatedly. Setting a specific date seems like an action that would be created once executed and then deleted. Else they could create duplicate commands that are all supposed to run all at once. I.e. 365 birthday messages. That is unless the action does not include a trigger and is used merely to inject a future command.

Now I've gotten myself confused. Really I don't expect to use this feature for much more than sequencing my commands when necessary. So I'll likely be using it to just delay things by a few seconds.

vCrib Tester #1, Forum moderator, using INSTEON devices, X10 sensors and remotes via W800RF, All doors are wired with contact closures.
vCrib Wiki
Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    The Virtual Crib - Home Automation Software Forum Index » Feature Requests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: